RentBahamas.com is an advertising platform owned and operated by Rent Bahamas Company Ltd.
When Users access the site, create an account, log in or perform various actions such as submitting a contact form on the Website we will collect and retain all information given. In most cases, the information we hold about Users are collected through RentBahamas.com, but we may also collect information from private-label, co-branded and affiliate websites and/or from third parties with whom we have entered into an arrangement for such collection, or from their respective tools, applications or services (“Other Sites”). Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- Personal and contact information such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and identification numbers;
- Property details and demographic information such as location, gender, age, marital status, occupation, the type of device through which Users access the Website and/or App, and other personal and lifestyle information;
- Financial information such as credit card, debit card or bank account numbers;
- We may ask Users to provide us with additional information. The said information may be acquired by us by asking questions which shall verify your identity (such as your driver’s license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address);
- Logs, contact information and other information contained in messages and other communication with registered users;
- Any documents, images or files uploaded or submitted;
- Information automatically collected by cookies and web beacons on your computer and
- Information based on your interactions and communications with RentBahamas.com or the Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within RentBahamas.com or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide Users with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support Users request, including confirming emails related to the RentBahamas.com services, reminders and transactions.
- Communicate with site Users.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve RentBahamas.com’s services.
- Send Users relevant information via email, phone, and text messaging or push notification on your phone (provided Users have not opted out of such communications).
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on Users communication preferences.
- Make payments to third parties through the Website or the App, should Users choose to do so.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- Enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and send Users notices and alerts.
- Provide services as otherwise described to Users at the time of collection.
- Prepare aggregated data, including for general marketing and analytical purposes.
- Other third parties whose services Users agree to use.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, telecommunication and call monitoring services, rewards programs, etc.).
We reserve the right to use in any manner and disclose any non-personal information that we collect. Logs, recordings, and other information related to communication between Users and other users, us or third parties in connection with the services and/or other uses and purposes mentioned herein may be stored, retained and/or divulged to those third parties by us on an individual basis or in the aggregate. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Communications and Communication Tools.
RentBahamas.com communicates with users and facilitates communications between users in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
Contact Forms and Messaging
We make tools available that facilitate communications between Users. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like email addresses, contact logs, and contents of the communication.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us after setting up an account. To remove Users contact information from RentBahamas.com lists and newsletters, simply edit your email preferences.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our and our advertising partners’ behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to deliver advertising and measure its effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous.
- Third Parties.
RentBahamas.com has links to other websites that may collect personal information about Users. RentBahamas.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
- Account Protection.
Users password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your RentBahamas.com password to anyone. If Users do share their password or their personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If Users lose control of their password, they may lose substantial control over their personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on their behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, Users should immediately notify RentBahamas.com and change your password.
The Website and the App are intended solely for use by persons 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Website, App or other services, or contribute any information to us.